What vegetable is highest in protein?
Although all fruits and vegetables contain protein, some contain more than others. Vegetables with the most protein include broccoli, spinach, asparagus, artichokes, potatoes, sweet potatoes, and Brussels sprouts, which typically contain 4–5 grams of protein per cooked cup ( 69 , 70 , 71 , 72 , 73 , 74 , 75 ).
What legumes are the highest in protein?
15 Legumes with the Most Protein
- Soy Beans. Soybeans are a legume but they are such a great source of protein that we had to lead the veggie list with it.
- Lentils. Lentils are the only beans that don’t have to be soaked before preparing.
- White Beans.
- Cranberry Beans.
- Split Peas.
- Kidney Beans.
- Black Beans.
Which Bean is highest in protein?
Beans With the Highest Protein By far, boiled soybeans, also known as edamame, supply the highest amount of protein among beans. In a 1/2 cup of edamame, you’ll get a whopping 32 percent of the daily value (DV) for protein on a 2,000-calorie diet.
What food has more protein than chicken?
Turkey breasts carry a great deal of protein (more than chicken, actually) with 26 grams of protein for every 3 oz. serving.
Are lentils high in protein?
Lentils are grouped with beans and peas as part of the legume family because, like all legumes, they grow in pods. Lentils are high in protein and fiber and low in fat, which makes them a healthy substitute for meat. They’re also packed with folate, iron, phosphorus, potassium and fiber.
Which lentils are high in protein?
Urad dal to chana dal: 5 high-protein lentils for weight loss
- Urad dal or black lentil. Urad Dal(Pixabay)
- Chana dal or Bengal gram split. Chana dal(Pixabay)
- Toor dal or pigeon pea lentil. Toor dal(Pixabay)
- Moong Dal or Green Gram. Moong dal(Pexels)
- Masoor dal or red lentil. Masoor dal(Unsplash)