What type of jobs can you get at 16?
Top 20 Jobs for 16-Year-Olds
- Babysitter. Babysitting is easily one of the best jobs for 16-year-olds.
- Golf Caddy. If you live in a fair-weather state with golf courses, working as a golf caddy is one of the best-paying jobs for 16-year-olds around.
- Restaurant Server.
- Newspaper Delivery.
- Dog Walker.
What is the best job for a teenager to have?
20 of the best jobs for teens
- Fast food attendant. National average salary: $9.29 per hour.
- Car wash attendant. National average salary: $10.17 per hour.
- Kennel assistant. National average salary: $10.54 per hour.
- Grocery store cashier.
- Daycare assistant.
- Concession stand worker.
- Restaurant server.
- Restaurant host/hostess.
What should my first job be?
Many young people start out with informal jobs like babysitting, pet sitting, mowing lawns, or shoveling snow. The best way to find a job like this is to check with your friends, family, and neighbors. You may also be able to advertise your services on local social media sites and groups.
How can I work at the age of 16?
To get a job when you’re 16, ask your friends and extended family if they know anyone who’s hiring young people. You can also ask in local restaurants, cafes, and retail stores to see if they have any jobs available.
What is the highest paying job for a teenager?
High-paying jobs for teens
- Landscape laborer.
- Dog walker.
- Youth sports referee.
- Delivery service driver. National average salary: $16.81 per hour.
- Pet sitter. National average salary: $37,861 per year.
- Automotive technician. National average salary: $19.55 per hour.
- Tutor. National average salary: $21.31 per hour.
How do I ask for a job at 16?