What to get someone who plays the saxophone?
Great Gifts for Saxophone Players: Under $25
- Vandoren Saxophone Mouthpiece Pouch.
- Rico Reed Storage Case with Humidity Control.
- D’ Addario Woodwinds Saxophone Reeds.
- BG France Saxophone Body Swabs.
- Vandoren Hygro Case.
- Hercules Saxophone Stand.
- Jazzlab Saxophone Harness (Sax Holder)
- Manhasset Sheet Music Stand.
What saxophone accessories do I need?
The 10 essential accessories for saxophones
- The strap, or harness. The saxophone is a pretty heavy instrument.
- The saxophone case. The case is essential to safely transport your saxophone.
- Swabs and grease.
- Tripod or stand.
- The cushions.
- Cigarette paper.
- The lip protector.
- The reed case.
How much do saxophone players get paid?
Salary Ranges for Saxophone Players The salaries of Saxophone Players in the US range from $18,720 to $187,200 , with a median salary of $49,920 . The middle 60% of Saxophone Players makes between $49,920 and $91,520, with the top 80% making $187,200.
How much should I charge for a jazz gig?
For a jazz musician, a hotel or restaurant gig will typically pay anywhere from $50 to $300 per musician a night, depending on the venue. It can be a fun way to practice standards in the background, or play an actual show, depending on the nature of the gig.
Can I use vaseline instead of cork grease?
Typically petroleum jelly (like Vaseline), lip balm, and lanolin are used as cork grease alternatives. You can also make your own cork grease with bee’s wax and a plant-based oil like coconut oil, or from tallow and lanolin. A good cork grease will both preserve and lubricate the cork but not harm your instrument.
Can you use vaseline on saxophone?
You can use chapstick or vaseline instead of cork grease and you would slide the mouthpiece on about half way on the cork just to start playing.