What does iTunes Wi-Fi sync mean?
If you’re on a Wi-Fi network, and have iOS 5 (or later) installed on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you can sync your device (add items to it from your computer) without connecting it to your computer (if your computer and device are connected to the same network).
How do I stop my iPhone from syncing over Wi-Fi?
Step 3: Click the device for which you wish to disable Wi-Fi sync at the top-right corner of the window.
- Click your device from the top-right corner of the window.
- Uncheck the “Sync with this device over Wi-Fi” option.
- Click the Apply button.
How do I turn iTunes sync off?
Require a prompt before syncing all devices: Choose Edit > Preferences, click Devices, then select “Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically.”
What happens when I sync my iPhone to iTunes?
Answer: A: Syncing generally copies data from iTunes on the computer onto the iPhone. Data can include, Music, Movies, Photos, Tv Shows. The Syncing process will generally overwrite the iPhone’s content in those categories.
How do I stop my iPhone from syncing automatically with my computer?
How to Stop iTunes Automatically Syncing When iOS Device Connects to Computer
- Open iTunes and connect the device to the computer as usual.
- Select the iPhone, iPad, or iPod from the top device button.
- Scroll down in the Summary section to Options and uncheck the box for “Automatically Sync When This iPhone is Connected”
How do I stop my iPhone from syncing with my Mac?
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:
- On your Mac, go to System Preferences > iCloud > Options next to Photos, then deselect iCloud Photo Library.
- On your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV (4th generation), go to Settings > Accounts > iCloud.
How do I turn off wifi sync?
Answer: A: Answer: A: Connect your phone to iTunes, click on the name of your phone on the left side, go to the Summary tab to the right, uncheck “Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi” under Options near the bottom, click Apply at the bottom and sync your phone.