Table of Contents
How do you put a Header on only the first page in Word?
To add a header only to the first page in Word, double-click on the header portion at the top of the first page of the document. A ‘Design’ tab will now appear where you have all the options and customizations for ‘Header and Footer’. Next, tick the checkbox for ‘Different First Page’ under the ‘Options’ section.
How do I make the Header only on the first page?
On the View menu, click the Insert tab and click Header. Look toward the bottom of the list that appears and click Edit header. Click the box that says Different first page.
How do I remove a header from the second page in Word 2007?
Highlight the header information with the cursor and press the “Delete” key on the keyboard. Delete all areas of the header, such as items on either side of the page or multiple lines.
How do I remove Header without affecting other pages?
Click or tap where you want to start a new page without the header or footer. Go to Layout > Breaks > Next Page to create a section break. Double-click the header or footer area (near the top or bottom of the page) to open the Header & Footer tab. Select Link to Previous to turn off the link between the sections.
How do I make the Header different on the first page in Pages?
- Make the front page its own section. From the Document Setup inspector, choose. Section → Create a new section.
- With the new section selection, deselect Headers & Footers → Match previous section.
- Customise the header on the first page as you desire.
How do I remove the Header from the first page?
Change or delete the header or footer from the first page
- Double-click the first page header or footer area.
- Check Different First Page to see if it’s selected. If not: Select Different First Page.
- Add your new content into the header or footer.
- Select Close Header and Footer or press Esc to exit.
How do I remove a Header from the second page?
Delete headers or footers in a document
- In the Document sidebar, click the Document tab.
- Deselect the Header or Footer checkbox.