How do you dispose of a fridge in Michigan?
Electric Ideas through Indiana Michigan Power: Recycle your old fridge or freezer, call 800-253-5661 or visit the Electric Ideas website.
Where can I dispose of my old refrigerator for free?
They can schedule a pickup from the thrift store nearest you. It’s best to check with your local Salvation Army office first to see if they accept appliance donations in your area. This is a national organization with thrift stores throughout the United States. You can call your local chapter to arrange for a pick-up.
Are fridges classed as hazardous waste?
Fridges and commercial refrigeration units are classed as hazardous waste under the WEEE Regulations 2013 because they contain substances that can harm the environment.
How do you get rid of a freezer?
Fridge Freezer Disposal Options
- Sell It or Donate It (Should Be In Working Order)
- Move It to a Recycling Centre That Can Accept Fridges.
- Collection Service Offered by Local Authorities.
- Retailers That Offer Collection Services.
- Private Waste Removal Company for Hazardous Waste.
How do you dispose of a fridge in Los Angeles?
How to Dispose of an Old Fridge in LA
- Schedule a refrigerator pickup if you are a Los Angeles Department of Water & Power residential customer by calling 1-800-246-0441.
- Submit the completed Consumer Rebate Application along with proof of pick-up, such as the pick-up receipt, to the LADWP to receive the $35 cash rebate.
How do I dispose of small appliances in Los Angeles?
SAFE Centers are available for LA City and LA County residents to properly dispose of household hazardous waste and electronic waste. You can also schedule free curbside collection of your electronic waste by calling our 24-hour Customer Care Center at 1-800-773-2489 or using the MyLA311 app.