How do you alphabetize a drop-down list in Excel?
Follow these steps:
- Select the columns to sort.
- In the ribbon, click Data > Sort.
- In the Sort popup window, in the Sort by drop-down, choose the column on which you need to sort.
- From the Order drop-down, select Custom List.
- In the Custom Lists box, select the list that you want, and then click OK to sort the worksheet.
How do I create a drop-down list in Excel 2003?
Here’s what you do in Excel 2003:
- Go to a blank area of your spreadsheet, outside the table.
- Enter the items for your list in a single column (no blank cells).
- Sort the list, if required.
- Select the cell in your table where you want these items to show as a drop-down list.
- From the menu, select Data > Validation.
How do I create a pre populate dropdown in Excel?
Create a drop-down list
- Select the cells that you want to contain the lists.
- On the ribbon, click DATA > Data Validation.
- In the dialog, set Allow to List.
- Click in Source, type the text or numbers (separated by commas, for a comma-delimited list) that you want in your drop-down list, and click OK.
Can I change the font of the drop-down list in Excel?
Unfortunately, you can’t change the font size or styling in a drop-down list that is created using data validation.
How do I sort alphabetically in Excel with multiple columns automatically?
How to put multiple columns in alphabetical order
- Select the entire table you want to sort.
- On the Data tab, in the Sort & Filter group, click the Sort.
- The Sort dialog box will show up with the first sorting level created for you automatically as Excel sees fit.
How do you populate a cell based on a drop-down list?
Drop down list auto populate with VLOOKUP function
- Select a blank cell that you want to auto populate the corresponding value.
- Copy and paste the below formula into into it, and then press the Enter key.
- From now on, when you select a name in the drop down list, E2 will be auto-populated with a specific score.
How do you create a drop-down list so that users Cannot enter unwanted data?
What to Know
- Enter the data you want to appear in the drop-down list. It can be in the same worksheet or another one.
- Select the cell where you want the drop-down list to appear, and then select Data > Data Validation > Settings > Allow > List.
- Click the Source box, select your list range, and select OK.
How do I increase font size in a drop-down list?
Unfortunately, the font size of a drop-down list can only be changed using VBA. However, you can make the font smaller around the drop-down box (or across the entire sheet), and then zoom in on the overall view. In this way, the font in the drop-down field is also displayed larger.
How do I reorder a list in Excel?
To sort a range:
- Select the cell range you want to sort.
- Select the Data tab on the Ribbon, then click the Sort command.
- The Sort dialog box will appear.
- Decide the sorting order (either ascending or descending).
- Once you’re satisfied with your selection, click OK.
- The cell range will be sorted by the selected column.