How do I find transaction history in SQL Server?
View Log Files
- Right-click SQL Server Logs, point to View, and then click either SQL Server Log or SQL Server and Windows Log.
- Expand SQL Server Logs, right-click any log file, and then click View SQL Server Log. You can also double-click any log file.
How do I free up transaction log in SQL Server?
Truncate the transaction log
- Right-click the database and select Properties -> Options.
- Set the recovery model to Simple and exit the menu.
- Right-click the database again and select Tasks -> Shrink -> Files.
- Change the type to Log .
- Under Shrink action, select Reorganize pages before releasing unused space and click OK.
What is a SQL transaction log?
Every SQL Server database has a transaction log that records all transactions and the database modifications made by each transaction. The transaction log is a critical component of the database. If there is a system failure, you will need that log to bring your database back to a consistent state.
How do I enable transaction logging in SQL Server?
Navigate to SQL Server Management Studio >> Object Explorer >> <‘SQL Server name’> >> Databases >> right click on <‘user-defined database name’> >> Properties >> Files. Add database transaction log file if one does not exist.
Does full backup include transaction logs?
A full database backup backs up the whole database. This includes part of the transaction log so that the full database can be recovered after a full database backup is restored.
What is transaction log in SQL Server?
How do I increase the size of the transaction log in SQL Server?
To increase the size of a transaction log file
- In the development environment, on the File menu, choose Database, and then choose Alter.
- Choose the Transaction Log Files tab.
- Select the transaction log file that you want to expand.
- In the Size (MB) field, enter the new size.