How do I demote a domain controller 2008?
- The Manage menu on the main dashboard, using Remove Roles and Features.
- Click AD DS or All Servers on the navigation pane. Scroll down to the Roles and Features section. Right-click Active Directory Domain Services in the Roles and Features list and click Remove Role or Feature.
How do I manually remove an old domain controller?
Step 1: Removing metadata via Active Directory Users and Computers
- Log in to DC server as Domain/Enterprise administrator and navigate to Server Manager > Tools > Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Expand the Domain > Domain Controllers.
- Right click on the Domain Controller you need to manually remove and click Delete.
What is global catalog server?
Global Catalog (GC) servers are DCs assigned to host additional information about the forest. A typical DC contains details about the domain in which it resides, however, GC servers contain additional information about every domain in the forest.
Are all domain controllers global catalog servers?
In a single-domain forest, all domain controllers act as virtual global catalog servers; that is, they can all respond to any authentication or service request.