Does APA use a reference list or bibliography?
APA Style uses text citations and a reference list, rather than footnotes and a bibliography, to document sources. A reference list and a bibliography look a lot alike: They’re both composed of entries arranged alphabetically by author, for example, and they include the same basic information.
Are reference list and bibliography the same?
A reference list is used with in-text referencing styles (e.g. APA). It includes the details of all the cited sources in alphabetical order by family name. A bibliography is used with footnote referencing styles (eg. Chicago A).
How do you write bibliography and references?
How do I write a reference list or bibliography?
- Check your style. Make sure you know what style you need to use to make sure you have the right information.
- Look for missing information. You need your references to be complete, so check that there are no gaps.
- Use referencing software.
How do you list a bibliography?
APA/Harvard reference order
- If using Harvard referencing, title your bibliography as ‘References’.
- Author’s last name.
- Author’s first initial.
- The publication date (in brackets).
- The book title.
- The publication place.
- The name of the book publisher.
How do I write a reference list?
What to Include on a Reference List
- Your name at the top of the page.
- List your references, including their name, job title, company, and contact information, with a space in between each reference.
- Include at least three professional references who can attest to your ability to perform the job you are applying for.
What comes first bibliography or reference list?
The reference list is an alphabetical list of all the sources that you cited in the text of your assignment. A bibliography is a separate list, presented in the same format as a reference list, however, it includes all the sources you consulted in the preparation of your assignment, not just those you cited.
Can you have both a bibliography and a reference list?
Both reference lists and bibliographies appear at the end of a written work and are usually organized alphabetically. A paper can have both a reference list and a bibliography.
How do you write a reference list for a bibliography?