Did Jay-Z sample 99 Problems?
18. Jay-Z’s ’99 Problems’ samples an Ice T song released a decade earlier. Jay Z’s ’99 Problems’ might be one of the world’s biggest hip-hop tracks, but the 2004 track is actually a big lyric sample from Ice T’s 1993 song of the same name, which featured on his album ‘Home Invasion’.
What did Noel Gallagher say about Jay-Z at Glastonbury?
Never one to shy away from a public spat, outspoken Noel Gallagher thought Jay-Z headlining Glasto in 2008 was the “wrong” choice to perform at the Somerset-based extravaganza. Speaking to BBC news, the Mancunian musician thought it was not a good idea to deviate from the festival’s usual headliners, mainly bands.
How many issues does Jay-Z have?
Now Jay Z has “99 problems, but Mitt ain’t one.”
Why are there 99 problems?
The title and chorus are derived from Ice-T’s “99 Problems” from his 1993 album Home Invasion. Portions of Ice-T’s original lyrics were similarly quoted in a song by fellow rapper Trick Daddy on a track also titled “99 Problems” from his 2001 album Thugs Are Us.
When did Jay-Z release 99 problems?
200399 Problems / Released
Who sampled 99 problems?
Jay-Z’s ’99 Problems’ sample of Billy Squier’s ‘The Big Beat’ | WhoSampled.
What did Oasis say about Jay-Z?
In August 2008, Noel told NME that he wasn’t taking anything away from Jay-Z as a musician. He said: “I wasn’t saying I was better than Jay-Z as a person or rock was greater than hip-hop. “I said what I said, and it was wrong, or it was taken wrong, and now all this (media furore).”
Why was Jay-Z pulled over in 99 problems?
The second verse was based on an actual experience of Jay-Z in the 1990s in New Jersey. He wrote that in 1994 he was pulled over by police while carrying cocaine in a secret compartment in his sunroof. He refused to let the police search the car and the police called for drug-sniffing dogs.
What songs sampled 99 problems?
Tracks Sampled in 99 Problems by Jay-Z
- The Big Beat by Billy Squier (1980) Multiple Elements.
- Long Red by Mountain (1972) Drums.
- Get Me Back on Time, Engine Number 9 by Wilson Pickett (1970) Multiple Elements.
- 99 Problems by Ice-T feat. Brother Marquis (1993)
- Touched by UGK (1996)
- To Da Break of Dawn by LL Cool J (1990)